The Board and Staff of the Wellington Community Trust are pleased to present our updated Grants Framework for 2019 – 2021. This framework makes explicit our organisation’s granting directions and the priority populations we want to support as a Trust.
Our funding categories (People, Places and Participation), and priority populations, largely remain the same; with a few details added. The key changes we’ve made are:
We’ve refreshed our Vision and Mission statements as well as highlighting the values that underpin our work and how these values play out in action. Read more
We’ve updated our application forms with the aim of:
- being more transparent about the way we’ll assess your applications;
- more clearly defining our criteria; and
- asking you, our grant seekers, to think about the objectives of your project/initiative, which of our criteria your project meets, and how you’ll know you’ve been successful.
- We’ve increased the Quick Response Grants upper limit to $10,000 (previously $5,000).
- We’ve also introduced an upper limit on Community Grants of $50,000.
New Funding Stream: LIFT
We are thrilled to be launching a new funding stream that responds to feedback we received from consultations we undertook in 2018.
You told us that funding for capability building in your sectors was hard to find. You told us you had staff with great potential but you lacked the funds to build their capability. You told us when your organisations’ finances got tight the first thing to go was your professional development budget. You told us that organisationally it was hard to plan and think strategically with the funding you received. You told us about staff burn out.
We heard you! The LIFT Grants:
- are aimed at enhancing capability throughout the not for profit sector in our region.
- will support the professional development and capability of the not-for-profit sector in the wider Wellington region over the next 3-5 years.
- provide up to $5000 for individuals and $10,000 for organisations to build capability across all of our granting categories.
- has a grant pool of $300,000 on offer in the first year.
- will go live on May 1, 2019.