Common questions about our grants
The equity lens means we will be prioritising funding to initiatives/projects that support equity and inclusion in our communities. Equity to us means people have what they need to survive and succeed – access to opportunity, resources, networks, and supports, that enable them to thrive.
Inclusion to us means everyone can participate in activities and opportunities that are meaningful for them.
Usually not. We are happy to give you guidance on this. Contact us to chat about your options.
Yes, we acknowledge that our research is not one point of truth, and we welcome applications for initiatives that support advancement of equity.
Unless your event is proactively seeking to provide opportunity/inclusion which advances equity amongst the priority populations and locations we have identified, it is unlikely your application will be successful. ‘Everyone is welcome’ is not the same as ‘everyone has an equal opportunity’.
Yes. We recommend you speak to us first.
Anytime. Our applications are open all year round, and decisions are made every few weeks for smaller grants (under $10k) and approx. 6-8 weeks for larger grants.
You will hear back from us within 4-8 weeks, depending on how much you have requested. Grants under $10k are processed more quickly – usually within 4 weeks.
Fluxx / application questions
No. For security reasons you must not use someone else’s profile. Register your own profile here.
- Check your junk mail folders first as sometimes the registration email can end up there.
- Contact us with your name and our administrator will check if all details have been filled in correctly. A misspelled email address will result in no email being sent.
- Check you have registered with our new system (Fluxx). If so, you should have received an email containing your username and password. NB: If you applied online with us prior to April 2018 you will have used our old system, and you cannot use the login details from that. You must register with Fluxx.
- Remember to use your username which is always the format [firstname_lastname] NOT your email address.
If you’ve forgotten your password, there is a password reset function on the login page. This will trigger an email which will contain a link to a new page where you can reset your password.
- These are located in the ‘Reports Due’ section in your Fluxx profile.
- Please contact us with your name and organisation to let us know if you can’t see a report you’re expecting to see
The most common reason for this is where there are missing required documents. Please ensure you have uploaded all the required documents alongside the listed document name e.g. Next to ‘Latest Financials’ you will see a small + icon; click on this and use the upload function here to upload your latest financials document.
Send us an email with the name of the person and the organisation, and we will disconnect them so they no longer have access to the organisation’s records.